Mobile App Developer
Mobile App Developer
Meescan provides cloud-based services for libraries around the world. Our products offer exciting new ways for public and academic libraries to expand their services and free librarians from the circulation desk. With hundreds of customers on five continents, Meescan is a rapidly growing company.
It’s fun to work for Meescan! We are a team of talented individuals with a “can-do” attitude. We rely on each other and work together to find creative solutions. Even in the busiest times, we remember to have fun.
If this sounds interesting so far, keep reading! We are looking for an experienced mobile app developer with a solid knowledge base, and the ability to work independently and own tasks end-to-end.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in product planning and feature design.
- Implementing new features in the mobile apps, often in collaboration with backend cloud developers.
- Testing code and delivering functional, “production ready” software.
- Implementing app branding (using our home-built, Fastlane-based toolset).
- Maintaining our existing mobile app codebase, and re-factoring and optimizing code as necessary.
- Managing app postings in both the Apple App and Google Play stores.
- Solid knowledge of iOS and Android SDK frameworks.
- Working knowledge of both Swift and Java.
- Understanding of code execution and optimization strategies.
- Knowledge of networking and client-server architecture.
- Fluency in the C#/.NET/Xamarin platform.
- Basic knowledge of Ruby.
- Experience with CI/CD systems like Fastlane.
- Some experience with UI design tools like Figma or the Adobe Suite.
- Basic understanding of agile development.
- Basic understanding of white-label app development.
- Can play a decent game of darts and okay with office dogs.
We are offering:
- Challenging and fulfilling role with a fun, creative team.
- Excellent working environment – think Dessert Days and darts tournaments.
- Team building events like kayaking and snowshoeing.
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits.
- Full time position, permanent
- Downtown Maple Ridge, conveniently on public transportation routes.