Last month, we held our third annual kayaking staff event! We all took the day off from working on self-checkout solutions, turned on our out of office replies, and headed out for one of our favourite staff days every year.
The Meescan team headed to Deep Cove and started off the day with fresh doughnuts from the locally renowned Honey Doughnuts. We spent four hours kayaking and paddleboarding up Indian Arm, island hopping, and enjoying lunch on Twin Islands.
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Perfect weather: sunshine and blue bird skies.
- Amar and Daniel kayaking for the first time, Adam and Eamonn paddleboarding for the first time, and Robyn being a stereotypical Vancouverite by trying to do yoga on a paddleboard.
- Kayaking next to curious seals in the ocean, and passing a bob of seals sunning on the rocks.
- Spotting plenty of starfish and jellyfish in the water.
- Enjoying a pizza dinner in the park to finish off the day.